street maggots

The street visit went well this week. I was giving first aid. There was a man who had maggots in his wound. Needless to say it did gross me out a little, but it is an age old method of healing wounds ( although  I'm not sure he realised this.) Which leads me onto a request: if anyone reading this (or you know of anyone) who has any advice on extreme first aid, please ask them to email me! I have a few questions, ( yes, one does concern maggots) that I would really appreciate help with!

Comments

Rob said…
I have done hostile environment first aid training if that helps? I can drag you out of a car accident, apply a splint or tourniquet and stop bleeding from a gun shot wound with tampax.

I also know a very good first aid person for hostile environments if you want his details.

Popular posts from this blog

home visit to Chris

Nutmeg and Orange infused Butter

Changes in Hope house